Tuesday, August 5, 2008

House of boxes

So we are in our house on post and they delivered all our stuff to us about a week ago, but we are STILL unpacking boxes. Most of that is due to the fact that I keep developing a case of adult ADD(LOL)and things like school registration and the last book in the Twilight series has popped up. It is so hard to stay on task when all I want to do is read all day until I am finished and I get to know how the whole series will end up. I am more than half way done and wish that I knew someone around here so that I could discuss it. Oh well.... Back to our house, it isn't so bad. All the kids have their own rooms and the boys are way jazzed about that since it is the first time ever. The common living spaces are a little strange but anything is doable when it isn't for forever. If you want to see a layout of our house, go here: https://onestop.army.mil/_hqd/BaseHousing_show.asp?base=67&planid=14&rid=1&k=0
That's what it looks like but flipped the opposite way.
As I said before I got the kids all signed up for school. I don't know what I will do with myself once school starts since Laurel will be in an all day preschool program. So much free time on the horizon, whatever will I do with myself. I plan on going to the gym a lot. I am planning on hitting my goal weight this year. Tim is so busy with all the pre-deployment stuff going on that we don't see a lot of him. At least I still get to cuddle up to him at night right now. Our new ward here is a little strange. They didn't even ask the visitors to introduce themselves. SO I fugure one sunday, I'll just raise my hand to answer some question and then launch into "hi, my name is Alice......." Ha. Just kidding. I am not passing judgement yet, but thought it was strange. Anyhow, here are a few pictures of what we did this summer:

Laurel found a snake in the back yard of a relatives house in CO and had a blast playing with it.


Went bowling with cousins and Gavin got mad cause Laurel won:


Played way too many video games:



Went to my inlaws 50th wedding anniversary:



Connor Turned 13! and scored 3 rounds of present openings and 2 cakes:


Hiked up the canyon and had play time with lots of cousins:


Waterskiing in CO and Laurel started us all off by doing it herself(my dare devil child):



And Plenty of playtime at the Metcalf Farm with all the animals( Laurel was in Hog heaven):




Over all it was a fun summer and we loved seeing all of our family and friends. Hope TX treats us as well as MO did.

3 comments:

Chuck said...

Looks like a great house. Meg and I are kicking ourselves for not planning far enough ahead to take a little trip to UT to see you.

But we're glad you made it safely to TX.

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

It's good to see you made it to Texas and you have a house, I'm sure that's comforting. I'm sad we missed you guys while you were back in MO.
It looks like you had an awesome summer, can you believe schools going to start soon. I'm way excited!
I need to get caught up with you on the twilight series, I still haven't read #2 or 3. How's the 4th one so far?
I'm so glad you did a blog so we could keep in touch. :)

Lynne said...

Hey, we've been wondering what happened to you since you left Utah without swinging by Logan for that chocolate milk- glad to hear you are getting settled in.