Friday, August 15, 2008

Lost Momentum

So, I have been slacking this last week. Not really being very productive and sleeping in late almost everyday. I am amazed that my kids let me do this, but they have been leaving me alone until about 10am. I can't believe that I have been sleeping that long, but I guess in the end, I needed it. The kids are all on each other's nerves. Both they and myself can't wait until school begins so that they can meet new kids to interact with and have something more to do with their time other than sit around while I unpack yet another box. Tomorrow, I think that I will put unpacking off a little more, most of the day, due to the fact that it is tax free weekend here in TX and amazingly Connor has lost most of his shorts. I bought him about 5-6 pairs before leaving for UT and now I can only find maybe 2 pair. Whatever. So we are off to buy some new clothes. Gavin is happy cause he is always about getting something better than what he already has. He is lucky that I am such the bargain hunter and can usually find something "cool" at a price I am willing to pay(which is usually pretty cheap). It is getting harder and harder to do that with him though, cause he is getting older and brand names are starting to get more important. Other than that, the RS pres and a counselor made a visit to my house to introduce themselves and meet me. They seem like nice ladies. I haven't felt the need to find a friend yet that I usually do when I move in. I usually have this almost desperate compulsion to find female companionship, but this time it is lacking. Probably too busy and a little burnt out to care yet. Ha. Apparently, I will see no home teachers while I am here and I am told not to even count on them for anything.....that is because the men of the ward are mostly military which equals mostly deployed here. Tim will be gone a lot of Sept and most of Oct doing training and TDY stuff so I guess we are fast easing into our time apart with these "test runs". Well, I gotta get to bed. Laurel and Tim are going fishing in the morning and I need to get all her stuff ready. I still think it is funny that only Tim's daughter like to fish while his boys hate it. Ha.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Geez, I wish my kids were excited about going back to school. We are trying to find a way to stop it from happening around here! I hope things go well for Connor this year, and he likes his new school.
Happy unpacking and back-to-schooling!

MissouriMormonMama said...

10 AM? I am oh so Jealous, Alice. Good luck with school starting, and unpacking!