Sunday, August 17, 2008

Questions

I finally got back to church today after 2 weeks away. It was nice to go back. I always feel like my week never ended when I miss church. SO this was the second time I have gotten to our new ward since moving here. I was way more vocal....figured I better make my presence known. Ha. It didn't take them long to give me a calling. They called me and asked me to be a primary worker. I will be teaching the 7 yr olds. I am bummed out. Not that I have to teach these kids(have no problem doing that), I am just sad that I won't have a chance to meet the women of the ward before being sent off to Siberia. I guess I will just HAVE to go to all of the mid week activies now so that I can find out more about the RS and not just some of their children. Whatever.
So for the questions.....

Where did you meet your Husband?:
I met Tim at YSA in Monterey, CA after the summer of the year I graduated high school.

What was your first impressions of him?:
I noticed his backside first since he was faced away from me when I walked into the room. It was very nice. When he turned around his eyes really caught my attention. It isn't often that you see such light eyes with such dark hair. Anyhow, personality wise, I thought that he was very reserved and comfortable to be around, easy going, good conversationalist.

How did you end up dating each other?:
This is where our stories differ a little(you'll have to ask him sometime for his version)....I remember that after one activity he asked if anyone would like to go to a movie and I said sure. His best friend Jon tagged along and when we got to the theater, they sat me in between the two of them. Jon made the first move so I started dating him. The whole time, Tim told me what a bad idea that was because Jon could be a bucket head(his words, not mine) and that he was on the rebound. I didn't listen. Tim and Jon would come to my house to hang out a lot cause it was nicer than the barracks. Jon dumped me to date Tim's sister while she was visiting Tim. She didn't go for it since Tim had warned her not to and she listened. Jon started dating someone else and me, again, at the same time. He dumped the other girl to be with only me and shortly there after, I dumped Jon....finally realizing that he made a horrible boyfriend but a good friend. Since he and Tim were always hanging out at my house, Tim just never stopped coming over and one night asked me to go see a movie(by ourselves). We started holding hands and that was that.

What was your fist date?:
Our first date was to go see Beauty and the Beast on post. We went to a YSA activity afterward and I remember someone telling us that we looked like an old married couple. Ha. Was that someone telling the future?

How did you know he was "the one"?
Well, unlike most people who say that they prayed about it and got a really strong answer, I can't say the same. I was just so young and felt that as a good member of the church it was my duty to get married to a good and righteous man as fast as I could after graduating high school. I know that isn't true now but that is the message that I got and interpreted from all those YW lessons that I got. The other boy that I had been in love with after graduating high school had broken my heart and I was doing the dating thing and looking for that righteous return missionary to marry. I knew that Tim was different because he was the first guy who hadn't tried to take advantage of me. He was my friend first. It took us 2 weeks to have our first kiss and that was a BIG change for me. I had always kissed guys right away. I knew that Tim had prayed about it and gotten the answer that I was a good choice so I just went along with that.

How did he propose?
He tried to be tricky. Ha. We were supposed to have had dinner that night together. I was going to make him dinner at my apartment, but I ended up having to work the closing shift at the store I worked at. I had had a really bad day at work and was looking forward to hanging out and cuddling with Tim to make me feel better. He met me at work and followed me home. As we got out of our cars,he told me that he had to leave within 15 minutes because he had a room inspection the next morning. I was bummed and as soon as he left, I ran to my room and flung myself on the bed to cry. Yes, I was dramatic(what could I say, I was young). About 7 minutes later, a knock came at the door and when I opened it, it was Tim. "What are you doing here, did you forget something?" I asked as I tried not to let me see that I had been crying. "I forgot to give you this" he said and he handed me the ring box. I knew immediately what it was and started crying and flung myself into his arms. After a couple of minutes, he asked if I was ever going to open it so I did and then he asked me to marry him and I said yes(thank you capt. obvious). I asked him how long he could stay since he had an inspection and he admitted that he had made that all up just to add drama to the moment.

When and where did you get married?
we got married on Sept. 25, 1992 in the Oakland, CA LDS temple

No comments: