Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Blessings

Okay, now that I am over the shock of the crappy news, I am back to being positive again and trying to look at this with a good outlook. I felt better after talking to Tim. He pointed out that we still were waiting for our dity move money and the travel money from our move here. That should cover at least 1 or 2 more house payments. I am hoping that it gets rented out like tomorrow though. And more good news, paying your tithing works. Ha. Today in the mail, I got a sizable check from our home owners insurance company. They said that they had charged us overpayment or that we had double paid or something like that. I hadn't even know that that had happened so this check was a definite surprise. I looked at that check and smiled. I know that I was blessed. I hope that the house rents so I can use the dity money to pay down some debt, but at least I know that we won't go into more debt.....at least not for another couple of months. So for now, chin up and power forward.

2 comments:

Chuck said...

I'm glad things are working out. I'm not sure if I had mentioned this to you or not, but my bro-in-law got called up and will be in Iraq for a little over a year.

Just taking his turn finally I guess, but it's still sad that he's not going to be around.

./jared


p.s. my family called me chuck / chuckie growing up. I'm seeing how it works out using it again. I'd much rather be associated with the "Nerd Herd" employee than the sandwich guy and jeweler.

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

I'm real sorry to hear about your house. I wish there was something I could do to help. If I knew we'd be here for a few more years, I'd rent it. I know it will all work out though. Somebody's gotta want it. Try not to get too down about it. :)