Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Rear

Okay...so it is the beginning of a new year and we all seem to hyper focus on resolutions-big goals that most of us never even begin to attempt. Usually my resolutions go something like: I will lose weight this year....no really I will and to do that, I will cut out sugar and exercise more and find a well balanced healthy way to eat to obtain this goal. A week later after researching all the latest greatest diets, I abandon the thought all together. Not because I don't want to be in shape(hey, I have one of those, it is just the wrong shape....it is more of a blob than anything) but because it takes too much brain power to remember that I can eat that but not this and I have to eat it every X amount of hours and then I have to strain to put my body into unflattering clothes to sweat in. Whatever......But once again, I find myself at the point where I am going to try to attempt this once again. Who knows-maybe since I proclaimed it to all of blogdom it will actually happen this time. I even got a book to go with my new fortitude....It is called the Abs Diet for Women. I figured that was a good place to start since I have NO abs to speak of.....they are WAY buried under a layer of jello and stretch marks. It is basically a way of eating that I don't have to calorie count(if I don't want to) and I won't starve in the beginning while my body readjust to this new way of eating. There are a set of "super foods" that you try to incorporate at least a few in every meal, you eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day, and you exercise at least 30 minutes a day and you get a cheat meal once a week to eat whatever you want. It claims that by eating this healthier way with the super foods interspersed, that your body will learn to burn fat(and not just any fat but the hard to burn stuff on your belly)all the time and not just when exercising. I was horribly cursed by the Miller Family genes that were passed to my from my Maternal grandmother. After having children, we never look unpregnant again. Well, not with out support hose or a LOT of dieting and exercise. So here it goes.....Wish me luck and from time to time, bug me about whether or not I stuck to it. I am almost finished with the book so by my estimation, I will begin the torture....I mean diet....sometime next week.
In other news, I am quickly approaching my 36th birthday and wondering when I aged. Not that I think I am old....I certainly don't feel old, but when did all the signs of aging begin to sneak up on me. I mean, where did this weird(and random) old lady witch hair come from that sprouts from my chin from time to time. And coloring my hair for fun is a thing of the past.....although I blame my grey hair entirely on Tim's multiple deployments. Ha. The nice thing is that when most people who don't know me find out my age, they are surprised and think that I am younger than I am. Maybe my immature way of acting helps out in the long run.....kidding. I still see myself in my own head as the 19 year old that married Tim oh so long ago....with a pre-baby body. Say that 3 times....pre-baby body, pre-baby body, pre-baby body. Tim has told me that he has some surprise for me around my birthday. I am trying not to hype it up too much in my mind. His surprises can go either way. I hate that he told me now though cause now I feel like the kid wanting to sneak in and look through the Christmas gifts before they are wrapped. Ha. I will be fine....I only have until the weekend after my birthday(Jan. 8th for all of you who don't remember). And then after that, we will slip right into me being abandoned once again for a year long deployment to Iraq. Dang, I am starting to hate these things. It wouldn't be so bad except that I don't know many people here to do babysitting so I don't know how often I will be getting a break. Especially since I also teach Connor during the week and Laurel's primary class on Sunday....oh well, good thing I love my kids....there is no escape in sight.....Really, I do love them. Really.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the title. :-)
Let me know how the diet goes. I can't seem to kick these last 15 baby pounds. I guess that's still quite a bit of weight, so I don't know if "the last of" was the appropriate phrasing. Haha. I only have 3 months to lose some more weight before Jeff's R&R! I'd be happy with 10 pounds-- I accept my body will never be the same, even if I get back to my old jean size. I'll even take 5 lbs!

Tell Connor I say hello and I hope he still is still playing the piano. I wish he could have gotten to see my new piano we got in June and that we could have Japanese food together sometime!

Lopez7 said...

I made the same goal as I do every year to lose weight! I am hoping that not being pregnant or nursing that I might actualy accomplish it this year. I will be sure and send you a pic of me crossing the finish line in my short running shorts!! Miss you!

MissouriMormonMama said...

The diet sounds interesting! Let me know how it works, I'll probably start thinking about that sort of thing after we move and nursing is well established and all that. Oh- and here is hoping that the surprise is a good one ( :