Monday, January 26, 2009

let the games begin.....

If I smother my daughter do you think anyone would notice? Ha. I know that the crap hits the fan every time the husband leaves but I thought I would at least have a grace period. Not so.
Sunday morning I slept in late because I hadn't slept much the night before. There are just some nights lately that I have extreme insomnia and that doesn't work so great when you have to get up and function for 3 children the next day. Anyhow, I was thanking my lucky stars that church didn't start until 1pm. Usually, I hate that time slot, but it was working in my favor this Sunday. So I rallied the troops....Connor and Gavin(with a bit of grumbling) got dressed and ready and fed themselves some lunch. I got Laurel into her dress and tights and went into the bathroom to do her hair. When I walked in, I thought..."i should put my contacts on so I can really see what I am doing". My glasses are an old prescription. I hardly wear them so I haven't updated them in a long while. I opened up the cap on one side and couldn't see the outline of my lenses floating in the liquid, so I stuck my pinkie in. No contact. I looked at the lid......no contact. Okay, maybe I was tired last night and put them both in the same cup. So I open the other side. No lenses there either. AHHHHHHH!!! Come to find out that Laurel poured out both my lenses and put in new liquid. She was only doing what she has seen me do a 1000 times before....only she didn't realize that there was anything in the liquid. The crux of it all is that I have no back up pair. I am left with weak glasses that are scratched to all heck. So, we stay home from church....bummer. It's okay, I think, cause I can go tomorrow to Walmart and get a walk in appointment. I get through my morning of teaching Connor. I made it a short lesson day so I could cram in the appointment and some other important errands. I get the the Dr's office and fill out paperwork only to find out that they won't see me after all. My Tricare health insurance was never changed to this region so they won't pay for any medical stuff. Are You Kidding Me?????? I called Tricare and found out that Tim changed his stuff but none of the rest of the family's. I am sure it was an oversight on his part.....he probably thought the form he filled out changed it for everyone, but IT DIDN'T. I have to go find the office now and fill out forms. In yucky geek glasses in which I can't see that great in.....Yay! It could have been worse...my glasses could have been broken, like they were for many years, with only one ear piece. That would have been cool.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Thanks for the laugh-as usual, I can seriously relate to your predicament! I hope you can get it all worked out soon. I'm waiting for the picture of you in the glasses though...
How is the homeschooling going?