Wednesday, December 31, 2008

That's Hot

There is nothing more attractive to me than my handyman husband. I grew up in a family that wasn't very "fix it" friendly. I know that they probably could but my father or mother usually paid someone to fix broken things or bought new ones. So, when the washer broke down....that was my first thought. Tim got right on it though and found out what part needed to be replaced, how much it was, and how to do it. The next morning, he went out fishing(boo) and then went and picked up the needed part to fix my machine(yay!). He came home and fixed it.....it only took about an hour or less and I had a working machine. The pile of humongous stinky clothing has been liberated and I will not have to heft it all to a mat. My knight in shining coveralls!!!

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Yeah, those Metcalf men can be good for some things, if you can just get them moving, right? (hee hee!)
Happy New Year!

The Metcalf Five said...

I am sure that he got it done so fast to make up for all the fishing that he has done lately....so I wouldn't have an excuse to tell him not to go again. The part ended up costing us $20 instead of $5 but I don't mind the cost increase when I didn't have to wait forever for a working machine.

MissouriMormonMama said...

Yeah!! I am so glad to hear that, whatever the reason ( :

Anonymous said...

Yay for handy men. I came from a similar home as yours, and unfortunately, I feel handier than my husband (well especially since his deployment) since it's up to me to try and figure everything out. Still stinks to pay the pros though-- like with a pipe breaking this week there was nothing I could do on my own and I'm going to be stuck with a $600+ bill. At least I paid my tithing so I need to do what the can and have faith that the Lord will provide a way. :-)