Monday, May 19, 2008

Decisions, decisions

Tim came home from being TDY in TX at some conference on Thursday night. And then spent all of Friday fishing with Laurel.....well, not all day. He did come home and manage to go out to dinner with me because the Blau's were doing their "free babysitting for anyone who wants it" thing that they do. So we went out to dinner at the Mediterranean Grill. Their Chicken Marsala is horrible-FYI. While there, he dropped a bomb on me. Tim told me that he will be deploying for Iraq in January instead of a year after getting to TX like we thought. Yea, I knew another deployment was imminent, but it will be upon us in 6 months. He then asks me if I would rather stay here in MO while he goes ahead to TX and we would just end up being apart for about 18 months. The catch was that I needed to pretty much make up my mind on the whole issue by Monday morning cause that is when he goes in to start out processing. Nothing like getting prayers answered under time constraints. Heavenly Father, I need a reply but could you hurry, I am on a schedule......Yea, right. Anyhow, so the whole deal consumes my every waking moment like you could not believe and I start going through the pros and cons of should I stay or should I go(cue bad 80's song here, ha)... And after much agonizing I feel like the pros outweigh the cons on my staying in MO with the kids while Tim goes to TX and then to Iraq. So I approach Tim on Sunday night to talk about the logistics and finances and the "how to go about doing this" thing: I mean, can Tim live in the barracks or can he rent a room from a member of the church around there? I may need to make some money to offset cost during the 6 month period of time he isn't deployed, what things from our house would he want to take with him, ect.....My husband looks at me and says, I don't know that you should stay here. You should just go with me now and we will rent the house if is doesn't sell, but I'm not sure, let me talk to someone tomorrow when I out process. AAAAAAAARRRGH!!! Are you trying to send me to a nice padded room on a funny farm or what?! So, now I have to go back to all those people that I talked to and told that I may be staying here and say scratch that please, I don't know what got into me. Should I even pray about it at this point? I feel like I am crazy times 10. Oh well, I guess I should be used to this kind of thing since I have been a military spouse for 15 plus years......

2 comments:

Emily said...

OH MY! OH MY! Alice, you are for sure the one perosn that can handle the "news" of an earlier than expected deployment and being torn in making decisions!
I think I would be curled in a ball...crying with all that is going on!
You are a GREAT example!
Hoping all is and will work out!

MissouriMormonMama said...

Alice,

How crazy!! I hope you guys can figure things out soon, and I am soryy things are so . . .exciting. It would be so awesome if you were here, but husbands are kind of nice to have around. Good Luck!
Susie