Monday, April 20, 2009

Chop, Chop

So here is Laurel's latest self imposed hair cut. This time she only got her bangs. The scary thing is she is getting better at this. At least I know that someday she can have a career as a beautician. But I still hate the outcome of her dabbling.

BEFORE


I know that this isn't the best hair shot, but the point was to show you that her hair was long enough to catch in her ponytail.


AFTER


Like said, not the worse of her chop jobs.....

In other news, she busted out with a comment that floored me the other day. As we were watching TV she commented on how pretty she thought the girls on the TV were. Then adds:
"But I don't think I am pretty. If I was, Keven would like me."
WHAT?!
I thought these kind of self esteem issues and wanting boys to like you like a "girlfriend" didn't start for at least another 3 years or so. I explained that Keven did like her, but as a friend because boys this age don't like girls like that and that didn't mean she wasn't pretty(cause she is!) (SO biased here.)

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Okay Alice, this synchronicity thing we have going is getting spooky. Olivia just hacked into her bangs TODAY!! The third time in 4 months. And hers too were just getting long enough to pull back. Now she looks a little like that 3 stooges guy. It's not pretty.

Lopez7 said...

I would definitely agree that she is getting better! I miss you! I hope everything is going better for you. My email is jklopez5@yahoo.com email me when you have a few minutes so we can catch up!

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

Do you think she'll ever learn? Although, it's not too bad this time. I can't believe how big Laurel is getting, she's beautiful!! We miss you guys!