Monday, May 4, 2009

My new neighbor

After repeatedly trying to discourage them from moving in, I finally gave up and let my new neighbors make themselves at home.....


mommy on nest


daddy watching near by



In the beginning, I kept knocking down their starter of a nest. Why, you may ask? They decided to build this nest right above my front door. Now, we are in for some bird bombadeering. Not the most pleasant experience to be pooped on while walking out the door...and I am hoping that they don't fly at us when the babies arrive. But, on the bright side of things, maybe I can squeeze a biology lesson from this. I know that these are not the best pictures. I will try to get better ones later. They are rather cute little birds, putting all annoyance aside and I think it is funny how they stare at me with an indignant look when we open the door.

2 comments:

Chuck said...

NEAT! We have a nest on our back yard, but no birds. *whimper*

Brian and Beth said...

We had a pair of hummingbirds who made a nest in one of our trees last summer. The kids have been watching out for them to come back. I'm not sure they will come back to the same nest. But I never had to deal with bird poop on my front pourch so your experience sounds like a mixed bag. Sorry Alice:(