Saturday, March 7, 2009

SO Behind!

Okay, you know it's bad when you come to your own blog and see nothing......no old blogs....nothing. So, here I am writing a new one. I don't know that I will get everything caught up but I will at least give you and overview of how life has been for the last little bit.
Connor's homeschooling is going okay. I could be doing better but as someone pointed out to me the other day, why sweat it too much when he will never use about 90% of what he learns at school. Not that I am slacking in his teaching, but I just need to write a list out of what I still need to teach him and get more organized. Organization is the reaccuring theme in my life right now.
Gavin is doing okay for the most part. He just finished making a diorama of a forest habitat. It turned out very cool and I hope he gets his well deserved A for it. He did leave the whole thing until the last day.....poor kid picking up my procrastinating genes....He has a kid in the neighborhood that has decided to make his life a little more difficult. Bully's really suck. And it bites even more knowing that they used to be friends. Gavin just got sick of being the brunt of all of this kid's jokes and teasing all the time so he quit hanging out with him. I may have to step in soon and put an end to it if it goes much farther. If Gavin ignores him, he sees it as a challenge and ups the anty and if he reacts the kid tells him what a wuss he is. Can't win...
Laurel is her usual girly self. She thrives on going to school and having her 2 friends come over as much as possible. She is so going to miss them when they both move this summer. Speaking of missing things, she really is missing Tim. He sent a picture of himself with a 5 yr old Iraqi girl(he missed Laurel and she reminded him of her). When Laurel saw the picture, instead of being interested in it and excited to see another little girl, she got jealous. "He can't take that little girl homw with him, mommy!" was about the only thing she told me. I explained that that wasn't going to happen and she was happier after that.
In big news, I drove to CA and took pictures of my neice's wedding. It went pretty well. I liked some of what I got and I wish now that I had had more time to take even more pictures. Hindsight, you know, I now can think of a million more poses that I would love to shoot. The drive was crazy though. The last couple of hours on my way home all of the zoo decided to come out to see me. I had to drive on some back little highways. I almost ran over a bunny, opposum, skunk, and then hit a deer that was having a party in the road with all of his friends. He just took a running leap at me as soon as I passed him. I only side swiped it so no damamge to the car.....don't know if the deer survived. Also on my trip, I got to stay with my sister in law Kathy one night. It was a blast to hang out and see their neck of the woods. Other than that, I am hanging in there.....by threads somedays and other days are cake. I think my biggest problem is that I am just not sleeping and it is causing me to feel a little crazy at other times. I can't remember things well and just don't feel motivated a lot. I am not one who has ever let deployments get the best of me, but I think this one has. Talking to another woman in my ward about it, she told me that this wasn't uncommon. Our bodies react to the stress this way sometimes without our conscious brains telling it to. But on the bright side of things, I am making friends.....it's about time....and getting to do fun things sometimes. Today I am taking a class of flying the trapeze. I can't wait! I will have to update my blog to let you know how it went. Gotta go get ready. Next blog I will post pictures.......Miss you all.

1 comment:

Brian and Beth said...

O.K., I can't wait to see a picture of you flying a tapeze! That is so cool!