Saturday, March 7, 2009

I'm Flying!!!!

Okay, so I couldn't wait to share how cool today was!!! I learned the basics of how to fly the trapeze. I got there and they took me to a hanging bar that was near the ground and showed me what to do and how to do it and then went through the rules of making sure the I listened to them.....that is most of the work. Making sure that you do what you need to do when they tell you to do it. It was so fun!! My first time climbing the ladder, my heart was pounding. I couldn't believe that I was actually getting ready to do something that circus people do. I stood up there and got hooked up and then they told me where and how to stand. "Ready" means bends your knees a bit and then they say "hup" which means hop off and start to swing. I did it and then flubbed when it came time to pull my feet up in front of me, into a tucking type position and then move them onto and over the bar. I was bummed that I had failed. While still hanging there, they had me swing my feet front, then back, then front again and then touch me knees in a tucking position to fall onto the net below. Basically, that makes you do a back flip. SO COOL! I did that with ease. Next time I got up, they gave me more pointer and told me that I was just anticipating it too much and had starting to try to put my feet up before I was supposed to. I got into position and hopped when told and then waited......I got it this time(it was a struggle, but I refused to give up until my feet were over that bar and I was hanging upside down by my knees. Then I had to pull them back through and into a hang again and then do my flip dismount. It was such a cool feeling. My hands are swollen a little and I banged my toe on one of my last tries, but it was worth all of that. I can't wait to try it again. And next time, I am going to try to do the actual letting go and jumping into the arms of the guy who hangs there! Can't wait! BTW, most of the pictures taken were done by Gavin. Not too shabby of a job. Thanks Gavin and Thanks to Dana who asked me to come and have this adventure with her and took the first picture that you see on this blog.





4 comments:

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

Wow, your brave Alice. I don't think I could ever do that. It looks fun though. I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

MissouriMormonMama said...

That is so cool Alice! Way to go have some new experiences! I love the pictures. Thinking of you
Susie

Chuck said...

Alice is the Coolest!

Brian and Beth said...

Yes, Alice is definately the coolest!