Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Can We Cuddle?

Laurel wasn't feeling very well the other day and was getting kind of sad and grumpy. For those of you with kids, I am sure you can relate. Because she was feeling grumpy, she was being impatient and I was being short with her. All of a sudden, she asks me," Can't we just sit down and cuddle for a minute?" Of course I did it. I love when my kids give me a chance to have a quiet moment to just sit and hug on them. Those times are coming less and less and most times I have to force them into it with bribes. But I have noticed that even with Connor and Gavin,when they are having a bad day or coping an attitude with me, if I just stop and ask them to hug me, they tend to perk up and act better instantly. It also helps me to figure out what is really wrong sometimes. It's hard to remember that in the heat of the moment, but it does work. As I held onto Laurel and laid my cheek against her hair, I realized that there are still days that I wish that I was little enough to curl up into my own mother's lap and just cuddle with her.....to pretend that all the "bad stuff" would disappear. So, I will enjoy my moments of cuddling my kids for as long as they will let me.

3 comments:

Lopez7 said...

I have the same desire sometimes to just be rocked! You are a good mom!

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

how sweet. i love to cuddle with my girls too. it's something that never gets old. I'll have to try that "give me a hug" phrase.

MissouriMormonMama said...

Isn't that the best thing about being a mom? Moments like that make life ok ( : Thanks for sharing!